Research shows that diseases such as chronic pain and depression are actually symptoms of a neuroinflammatory disease - the result of an underlying inflammation in the brain. The Foundation for Total Recovery - a leader in the search for a cure for neuroinflammatory disease - believes that through dedicated research and education, we can provide a personal, integrated approach to relieving pain, identifying a legitimate path to healing and recovery for those in need.
The Foundation for Total Recovery seeks to provide support and find a cure for all who suffer with chronic pain and depression by:
- Educating patients and bringing awareness of these diseases to the public
- Building an online community of patients, doctors, and researchers
- Partnering with leading researchers, academics, and innovators
- Studying data to find a baseline approach to diagnosing and curing neuroinflammation
Through our partnership with the 501c3 organization, Global Impact, all U.S. donations to the Foundation for Total Recovery are tax-deductible. You can learn more and donate at www.totalrecovery.charity.org.
We need to change our minds on how pain is viewed. By viewing pain as a symptom of neuroinflammation, we can better understand and help the millions who suffer from chronic pain and depression. More research into neuroinflammation is needed to diagnose, treat and ultimately prevent a disease that causes pain for so many, but we are on the right path.
– Dr. Linda Watkins, Ph.D. Department of Psychology & Neuroscience; Center for Neuroscience
University of Colorado at Boulder