Research shows that individuals who are suffering from co-occurring chronic pain and depression are actually experiencing symptoms of neuroinflammatory disease, an underlying inflammation in the brain. The vision of the Foundation for Total Recovery is to encourage greater collaboration among researchers so we can more quickly identify a legitimate path to recovery. We also are dedicated to educating patients and physicians about neuroinflammatory disease, so that together we can advocate for more focused research and effective medical care.
The Foundation for Total Recovery seeks to provide support and find a cure for all who suffer with chronic pain and depression by:
- Educating patients and bringing awareness of these diseases to the public
- Building an online community of patients, doctors, and researchers
- Partnering with leading researchers, academics, and innovators
- Studying data to find a baseline approach to diagnosing and curing neuroinflammation
As an 501c3 organization all U.S. donations to the Foundation for Total Recovery are tax-deductible. You can learn more and donate at www.totalrecovery.charity.org.
We need to change our minds on how pain is viewed. By viewing pain as a symptom of neuroinflammation, we can better understand and help the millions who suffer from chronic pain and depression. More research into neuroinflammation is needed to diagnose, treat and ultimately prevent a disease that causes pain for so many, but we are on the right path.
– Dr. Linda Watkins, Ph.D. Department of Psychology & Neuroscience; Center for Neuroscience
University of Colorado at Boulder